Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Blogging Virgin

So, this is my very first post on my very first blog!!! Very exciting.

A brief introduction: I have dealt with endometriosis since I was a teenager.....I remember the pain started during my 3rd menstrual period (I was 13 years old). In fact, the evening of my first middle school dance, I remember the pain being so intense that I vomited all over my new outfit (my cool "guess overalls"), my bathroom, and even had vomit coming out of my nose. I so wanted to be a "normal" teenager, that I still went to the dance (after ingesting about 1000 mg of advil). Of course, back then, I never knew why I was in so much pain.

Fast forward 5 surgeries, 9 doctors, and 20 years later, here I am. I had my endometriosis completelly excised at the Center for Endometriosis Care in Atlanta, which was supposed to take care of the pain. Unfortunately, 1 year later, the pain came back with a vengeance.......I went back to Atlanta to learn that I also had Adenomyosis. The only way to deal with the adenomyosis was a hysterectomy.

Since my hysterectomy 3 years ago, I've had many ups and downs. Some because of the hysterectomy, and other downs because for the first time in my life, I began processing how every aspect of my life has been plagued by endomtriosis. My "DH" has been a pillar of support. I've also benefitted so much from online communities and blogs. At this point, I feel that I've been lurking in cyberspace too long, and it is time for me to also give back and share my experiences.

So, here I am! In this blog, I hope to share my daily struggles and triumphs as I continue to make sense of the monster that is endometriosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment